25 suggestions to add to your life
1. Start off each day
with 'azkar al-istiyqaz' (waking up supplications), thanking
Allah for waking up in good shape.
2. Put Allah (swt) and then Prophet Mohammad (saw) before anything else in your life.
3. Broaden your horizons-learn 5 New verses from the Quran, travel to pray the Fajr in the mosque to brighten your day, take up a booklet having azkar-alsaba 7 (morning supplications) and read them.
4. Pray Salat Al-duha (after sunrise) and also the remaining 4 obligatory salaat of the day.
5. If someone says something mean to you, just shrug it off and dismiss it in a friendly, laidback manner, and pray that Allah shall forgive him or her. They will probably get the message that they're not triggering your anger and they will stop.
6. When you get angry, remember Allah, and how short and worthless life is to waste in being Angry.
7. Remember that you can never have too many friends, but you can have few quality friends that help you fulfil the purpose of your creation (i.e live for Allah.)
8. When you're happy, try to share your happiness with others thank Allah for that, and pray its continuation.
9. When something bad or embarrassing happens to you, just think that it could always be worse, remember the reward of patience, and thank Allah that it's not worse than it is.
10. Do something extra of goodness once in a while, like feeding a poor person, or caressing an orphan's head.
11. Never stop believing that you can win Allah's love and thus work for it. Then you can win the love of Allah's slaves.
12. Spend some time thinking of Allah's amazing creation.
13. Always love those who love Allah unconditionally. This way you will ensure that you live for Him, love for Him, and hate for Him (those who are enemies of Him)
14. Find the righteous ways to express yourself, and if you think that what you are about to say shall cause no benefit, maintain silence (this is tough!)
15. Every now and then, give yourself a break. play sports, give time to your family, friends, but always remember Allah and watch that He is watching you (Ihsan).
16. Pray for blessings to come to your enemies, and pray Allah to guide them to the right path.
17. Show love to your parents and always obey them (except orders that are against Islam, which they'll never do) especially to your mother as Junnah is under the feet of your mother.
18. Smile to everyone, for your smile makes a big difference to them and you are rewarded.
19. Forgive, forget and smile.
20. Tears are not for women only... tears are for all human beings with feelings remaining in them. Don't restrain your tears when remembering Allah.
21. When people criticize your actions and effort, revise your actions and see if they please Allah or not. If they do, then ignore those criticism and remember how the Prophet(s) and the Sahaba (ra) were criticized, made fun of and even physically harmed, so have patience.
22. Read the Quran daily and try to have a schedule for completing it every month (or as much as you could) as long as you open the Quran daily, and read with observing, try to understand and traansform them into action, not just passing your eyes through the words.
23. Don't let popularity go to your head, for it never lasts and you may lose from it more than gain.
24. Never look down on anybody, for they may be better than you in Allah's eyes.
25. After praying the salaatul Isha and before going to bed ask yourself whether you have gained some points for the day or are you loosing. Make repentance for things you have done wrong and think of ways to improve yourself in the following day.